From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up endemic in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
It also has two specific meanings:
- Endemism, an organism being "endemic" means exclusively native to a place or biota
- Endemic (epidemiology), an infection is said to be "endemic" in a human population when that infection is maintained in the population without the need for external inputs.
- Endemism in birds, relates to the definitions of endemism for birds only.
- Epizoology, the study of infection and disease patterns in animal populations.
- Zoonosis, any infectious disease that can be transmitted from animals to humans
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.|
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.